Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Happy feet, Low BP!

Back from the doctor--and my first experience using Healthy San Francisco, the program in place in the city for those without insurance.  It was easy as pie and I have a fantastic doctor--young, interested, I really like her.  And the facility I was assigned to is one of the city's best, Brown & Toland--in Healthy San Francisco, they get doctors to participate, so the doctor has patients with all sorts of insurance and HSF as well.  Once I have insurance, she better be a part of my plan, because I think I finally have found a good primary care doctor after years of searching.

My toe is fine, started feeling better this morning.  Why do things get better the day of the doctor appointment?  Weird.

She also had X-rays of my knee, which I injured last December in my work building's lobby.  All clear there, too, but I will go to physical therapy to strengthen it.  My blood pressure is low (86/60), almost too low as that was my reading when I was stressed in a doctor's office.  And my tetanus booster is done through my 48th birthday.  I'm almost all caught up.

Tomorrow morning, I will go for blood work, it has been far too long that I have neglected doctor's visits.  Hopefully it will all be in order.  I am happy--for my health and for living in a city that has a program such as HSF allowing access to care even without insurance.  I am motivated, to keep up with my doctor, to get back into my college clothes and find my 40th birthday in less than  two years in the best shape of my life.

Bye bye ice cream habit :(

1 comment: