Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Art Break

In San Francisco, we are fortunate.  Not only do we have amazing museums, but many of the museums have one day a month with free admission.  Because I've been working hard on my job hunt, I decided to take a quick break and visit the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SF MOMA).

The following are some of the highlights of my visit, I've taken photos of the information and the artwork, enjoy!


 Mondrian--the one I'd be eating soon...and not be tossed out of the museum for so doing!

 Pollack, me like!

Warhol, no information card needed!

 Jasper Johns

 Who knew that a recycling pile = art?

 Magritte

 Just because it was pretty much a black canvas.

 Another Warhol


 Sweets from the Rooftop Cafe
 Even the cappuccino is art!
 Yum!  Tasty and pretty.
 Scary!

 Calder...taken to commemorate the time at Butterfields when the telephone bidder I was helping set a world record price on a Calder, not this one though.  Ah, the olde days!
Funny map of my fair city that I found in the Museum Store.

3 comments:

  1. I loooove that cake you ate, Gret. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still trying to figure out how they did it, Beck! And it was good, I thought for sure it would be one of those that just looks amazing, but it wasn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shots! I often take pictures of the descriptions too! I just discovered my possible favorite Mondrian (in the Guggenheim) by the way: "Summer (Dunes is Zeeland)".

    ReplyDelete